To download the weekly food menus please click on the links below:
Free School Meals
At Darland we know that there are lots of things for your family to consider when the school week begins; but have you and your child decided what they will be having for lunch every day?
School meals will give your child a real appetite for learning and help them to achieve their full potential. Did you know that your child could qualify for free school meals? If your child is eligible it means they can enjoy delicious, healthy meals without the bills and the fuss of making packed lunches. Many children at our school are already eating free school meals, and your child may be able to have them too.
Your child may be entitled to receive free school meals if you are entitled to one of the following;
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance (IR)
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit with an annual total income below HMRC set limit
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
If you were planning to pay for your child to have school meals or are already doing so, you could save around £350 per year if your child qualifies for free school meals.
To apply for free school meals you can download the attached file. Once completed you can send it directly to:
16 Lord Street,
For more information please click here to visit the WCBC website